CCC signs MOU with five leading higher education institutions of Cambodia
Phnom Penh, June 16, 2014
Cambodia Chamber of Commerce Signed MoU with 5 Leading Higher Education Institutions for Academic and Research Cooperation
Phnom Penh - Cambodia Chamber of Commerce (CCC) has signed Memorandum of Understanding with the leading Higher Education Institutions (HEI's), namely:
1. Build Bright University
2. Cambodia Mekong University
3. National University of Management
4. Pannasastra University of Cambodia
5. Royal University of Phnom Penh
CCC, an umbrella organization of Chambers of Commerce and Business Membership Organizations (MBOs), recognizes the important roles and contribution of HEI's in academic and research cooperation with the Private Sector on issues for the reciprocal and mutual benefits. This cooperation was materialized with support and funding from Trade Development Support Program (TDSP) managed by Ministry of Commerce.
The main purposes of this cooperation are to stimulate and facilitate the development of collaborative and mutually beneficial research projects that serve to enhance the relationships of the Private Sector and HEI's.
The potential benefits from this cooperation would include:
• Establish the linkages and direct relationships between Higher Education Institutions and the Private Sector as potential employers for graduates.
• Promote and expose students with potential employers through research projects and internships/ work-experiences.
• Conduct relevant research topics that are useful and beneficial to both the private sector and HEI's - students &curriculums.
• The Private Sector gains access to HIEs resources and supports to carry out research topics to enhance the quality of consultative process under Government-Private Sector Forum (G-PSF) mechanism.
About the Government-Private Sector Forum: G-PSF was established in 1999 by the initiative of the Prime Minister of the Royal Government of Cambodia to provide a meaningful dialogue mechanism for consultation between government and private sector. The G-PSF provides an efficient platform for the business community to raise issues concerning their business activities with the government and get them resolved. CCC provides overall coordination and support to the G-PSF. The 17thG-PSF was held on the 4th March 2014.