Any legal registered business entity, through a formal representative, in Cambodia is qualified to become ordinary member of one of local chambers of commerce within its own operated business boundary. It could apply to become direct member of the Cambodia Chamber of Commerce if its operation exceeds specific municipal/provincial boundary. It is usual for a director to represent the business in the membership application; however, formal nominee could also be eligible.
For application form, fee and detail information, interested business and potential member should contact local chamber of commerce in their respective operation territory or directly contact the Cambodia Chamber of Commerce should they consider joining its direct membership.
The Required characteristics in name of ordinary members of the chamber of commerce:
- To complete the application form of ordinary member;
- To be a company, enterprise, factory, and business that obtains the registration certificate legally;
- The applicant shall be a Chairman, Voice-Chairman, Director, Deputy-Director, Executive, Manager and editor of the business entity-Single ownership of company, factory, enterprise, and other businesspersons;
- To pay the annual fee is a must:
- Local Business Entity ( USD 150.00 )
- Foreign Business Entity ( USD 350.00 )
The followings are some of the reasons; you may consider joining membership of chamber of commerce:
- To promote your businesses and services
- To voice your concern to the governmental policies formulation and enforcement; and coordinate the unified efforts in the area of your business operation to maintain and strengthen a healthy business environment.
- To stay informed of policies, regulation and information related to your business.
- To build network across the business spectrum locally and internally; hence, making reliable contact of business partners, suppliers, customers and even governmental officials etc.
- To promote your business name and value.
- To be able to receive a resolution outside the court in case of business dispute through a mechanism called Alternative Dispute Resolution